CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Uncommitted

because sometimes I don't know how to express it any other way...

The Uncommitted

You with your shady eyes and your flakey stares
coupled in harmony with your poisoned mouth
that spouts off "I'll do thats" and "I'll be theres".

You push me over with your hot, self-infused air
making me slip farther and deeper into pending
wondering if the tick-tocks, you'll ever render shared.

This oneth of a oneth of an hour,
you gave me the sipping device
that finally made that two-humped desert taxi lose it's power.

With it's break, I found my strength
no longer to masochistically hope
that your luke-warm tongue inflicting pain

will ever again trick me into queing
every hanger holding upward frown
I've held in from all the stewing.

Say what you mean and mean what you say
makes you cringe as you stare in it's mirrored phrase
loathing the truth in it's utter cliche.

The uncommitted
they're everywhere, they're everywhere
leaving a messy residue with their flakey stares.

9 comments:

emily bee said...

this poem is really great, apes! wow...there's so much feeling and story there, i love it.

Anonymous said...

did you write this? it's very good! Very deep...

apesdina said...

Yuppers, I wrote it...I took a creative writing class for poetry one semester...it turned me on to poetry as a form of release:)

shari said...

wow, that is really great.

when are you going to publish something?

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's so good! So, you are probably one of the funniest people I know. I'm just sayin'. Your comments crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Loves it.

Anonymous said...

This blog depresses me... your voice for the peripheral dark side/glass is half empty life that you always place under a micro-scope tooo close in examination to see the main part that is filled with all the good stuff. Step back, view things as they are and be happy. In otherwords, CHILL OUT DUDE

apesdina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
apesdina said...

Anonymous...I see no bravery in leaving such a critique under a false identity. This comment means nothing, because it came from no one.